And Now Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Program

Back at school and back into the rush. Got up this morning around 7.30 and got ready to go to work. Luckily for me–well, not “lucky” exactly–I had made my lunch the night before, so I had a little wiggle-room time-wise. That was nice. Then caught the series of buses (apartment-Collins Circle, Collins Circle-Lark/Western), and arrived to work on time.

Work was fine, though I did a lot of sitting today. I’m in the process of getting the Informz mailings out, which isn’t hard work, but we’re changing up the system of information collection, so it’s a little more complicated for the time being until the kinks in the system are worked out. On the plus side, I didn’t get bored, because I had lots of work to do; on the downside, I sat all day, and that made me feel sluggish and achy.

After work, I went back to campus and straight to my Civil Rights class. It was actually really interesting today. The whole class got involved in a very complicated discussion of modern-day racism/affirmative action/etc. It was fascinating, and I think I actually contributed some good comments–at least if the teacher’s reaction is a good indicator. Who knows? Also got my midterm back, and turns out I got one of the highest grades in the class! WOO! That makes me feel infinitely better. I was so worried when I first signed up for this class that I was going to fail because the reading assignments were so intense (200+ pages a week) and I just couldn’t keep up with it. So that fear is slightly cleared up.

After class, I went to the library to return My Uncle Oswald (one of Roald Dahl’s adult works (in more ways than one ^_-)) and pay the late fees on it (I was supposed to return it before break, but forgot). Then I picked up my book for my book report due on Friday for the internship. It’s very short, which has me a little worried, but then again I know I can get it completely read, AND it does have to do with my internship subject (it’s on scholarship/tenure/and the publication business, and since I’m at an academic publishing house, it seemed right up my alley).

Then I headed over to Andy’s room, which is luckily on the first floor, because I had forgotten my cell phone at home today. So naturally, I had to smack against the window like a crazy squirrel to get his attention, but it worked, and I got in. ^_^ Haha! We grabbed dinner at the Campus Center (because we officially have no meal-like food at the apartment), and then headed back to catch a few partial episodes of South Park, which for some reason we’ve both gotten into lately. It was good fun. Then Andy headed back to the dorms, and I’m writing this post. ^_^

It’s been a busy day, but I actually like starting my week off really busy, because it makes all the other days look easy by comparison.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s