The last couple of days have been really good for getting work on the novel going. I think I’m finally starting to find the voice and the mood for this draft, and that means things are flying along at a slightly more comfortable/flow-y pace, which is a relief. One always worries, when starting to work from an outline, that somehow having thought through the story in detail already would stifle the creative energy, but I’m finding that although I made an extensive outline, the stripped-down skeleton outline I made FROM that extended outline is a great thing for keeping me on track. And I do find it eliminates the one major issue I usually have when writing a long piece, which is the inability to keep in mind both the scene I’m writing and the story as a whole, and thereby aim at a conclusion that will work and be satisfying. With the outline, I know all the major needs are going to be hit, so all I have to do is focus on making the scene at hand the most fun it can be. It’ll be interesting to see how it progresses as the plot gets twist-ier and characters get more defiant, but I’m looking forward to it!
Current Progress (blue): 9837 / 100000 words. 10% done!
Estimated Progress (red) : 9000 / 100000 words. Deadline: 9/6/2019