I’m alive! It’s been only about a month since I got back from my trip to New Hampshire–you know, no biggy. It’s not like there have been thirty or so odd days since my last post. *eye roll*
When hanging out with Kaku and Kayla tonight, however, I thought it high time to get back to updating! So much has happened since the last post, I won’t even try to hit on everything. So I’m going to do a quick run of highlights:
+ Went to NH after two years of being away from home & family!
+ My cousin got married
+ My dad graduated from Harvard
+ I met up with a bunch of old friends
+ Went to Boston not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES!
+ Got addicted to Plants Vs. Zombies on my iPod
+ Experienced a super amazingly loud and awesome thunderstorm first night back in NH! <3
+ Andy and I had our 2nd wedding anniversary–which was lucky, since we both couldn’t remember which day it was on and had to check our wedding certificate! O.O
+ WE MOVED IN TO OUR NEW PLACE!
+ We hung out with Kaku, Kayla, and Kaku’s parents–all of whom helped us move in–and we made pizza! Mmm, pizza…
+ Apex reopened to submissions, which is awesome because it’s a lot of fun and it keeps us editors interacting with each other!
+ Actually got a start I like on the novel, and am plunging ahead with a summary draft to get my plan in order.
– Had to retire from Tangent reviewing, at least for now. My free reading time is gone. :-(
– Bumpy, turbulent planes do not make me happy. At. All.
– I hate airlines.
– Haven’t felt like I’ve gotten back into the swing of life, including writing, though I’ve been making some progress
– Desperately need to do laundry, but have no washing machine/dryer yet. But we’re being sneaky, thanks to the concierge, and we’re getting it taken care of. ;-D
– Oz decided to be a dummy and get himself hurt while we were on vacation, leading to vet visits, moderately $$ bills, and one very annoyed cat in an e-collar. Little dummy. He’s lucky he’s so cute.
It was awesome getting to see my family again after so long. We had a great week and a half of leisure, which has slowed down my task metabolism just enough to make it frustrating when I don’t feel productive. But hey–when did I ever feel productive before? Hmm? Never, that’s when.
I’m also planning to snatch a little feature that I love from Cherie Priest‘s website: I’m going to start tallying my total word count come July. I think it’s neat that she does that, and it’s nice to see how much work you’ve done, even if you end up cutting, parring, and rewriting things. So come July, I’m going to do it for the last half of 2010.
Summary draft of the new novel project is moving slowly but steadily ahead. My goal is to have a solid summary draft finished by the end of August, and then to finish the rough draft by the end of December. Ambitious? You bet your bottom dollar it is. :-)
Home again, home again, jiggidy jig!