At last! After months of being too busy to do anything for myself, due to moving/reviewing/outside projects/etc./etc., I’ve finally had my first RELAXING Saturday! It’s a micro miracle, I tell you. In the past, I’ve always made Saturdays “My Day,” meaning I can do whatever I want, even if it’s just lay around on the floor and stare at a wall ALL DAY LONG. And I can’t feel guilty about it. I can’t worry about all the other things I have to get done in the upcoming days. I can’t make myself feel bad that I haven’t been productive. There’s only one rule, and that’s “If you want to, great, if not, don’t.” It’s one of the few ways I can keep my hectic schedule under control and give myself time to relax.
So this Saturday was officially the first relaxing one I’ve had in so long I can’t remember. And I wasn’t totally unproductive either! Here’s what we did:
1. We got coffee and an almond-poppyseed muffin for breakfast.
2. I watched an episode of Project Runway; Andy surfed the web.
3. I finished the rough draft of “A Night of Dreams in the Windswept Forest”–YAY!; Andy dropped off our electronic donations at Free Geek.
4. Had a great lunch out with Kaku & his fam, which was a lot of fun, and I think we’ve just found our new favorite little restaurant for buffalo wings!
5. I watched another episode of Project Runway; Andy went to City Bikes to get what he needed to replace the brakes on his roadbike.
6. I painted!; Andy replaced the brakes on his bike.
7. We watched Miyazaki’s “Ponyo”: It was okay, but far and away not his best work. Give me “Totoro” any day for a movie that reminds me of what childhood is like.
8. We went to Powell’s and I got two books! A) Writing Down the Bones, by Natalie Goldberg; B) The Wind’s Twelve Quarters, by Ursula K. LeGuin.
9. We went to Rogue for a pint of Dead Guy.
10. We ate 11PM pizza and watched an episode of Chuck.
Now that’s what I call a great day! :-D
Total word count since 7/23/10: 1,369